Add to Cart
or call: (405)543-1697
After purchasing his first JHS Angry Charlie in 2013, Andy Timmons quickly dubbed it his main dirty tone. It even beat out the drive channel of the boutique amplifiers he’s well known for using. But there were a couple of tweaks Timmons requested from the pedal. We gladly obliged, and the JHS Pedals AT (Andy Timmons Signature) Drive, a.k.a. “The @,” was born. The AT retains a lot of what Timmons loves so much about the Angry Charlie. But the ability to change the pedal’s feel and headroom via a 3-way toggle switch makes the AT even more versatile. If you covet the thick and awe-inducing Andy Timmons lead tone, his signature JHS overdrive pedal is definitely where it’s “AT.“ Sorry...we had to.
Precisely tuned control
Right out of the box, you’ll be able to effortlessly dial in the AT Drive to mate perfectly with your amplifier. Its Volume and Drive controls work in much the same way as a high-gain master-volume amplifier. And the EQ and Air control let you keep the presence or thicken your tone by pinpointing separate high-end frequencies.
- Volume acts as the master output control
- Drive...you guessed it
- EQ is a lowpass filter that removes higher frequencies
- Air control functions much like the presence control on an amplifier’s power section
Like having three different amps on your board
The main addition that sets the AT Drive apart from our Angry Charlie pedal is the addition of a 3-position headroom switch. We think it is very similar to the differences in 25-, 50-, and 100-watt tube amplifiers. Whether you like low-wattage smoothness or high-powered headroom and punch, it’s inside the AT Drive.
- Instant access to three different “wattage” settings
- The up-position 25-watt mode offers a smooth, thickly driven, and compressed tone.
- The middle 100-watt mode is cleaner, loud, and sports an immediate attack
- The down-position 50-watt mode gives you nice overdrive with a full-frequency response.
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 2.6"x4.8"x1.6"